Sea food consumption has been growing to a great extent for last some years. It has a large amount of nutrition but in today’s date, it is feared that the total nutrition it contained has deteriorated immensely. And the only reason behind this is Pollution, the first enemy of every human being in the today’s world. Water bodies such as rivers and seas are getting contaminated everyday with poisonous chemicals, oils, garbage and other solid wastes.
Sea foods remain to be much safer and healthier to be consumed than flesh – bearing foods. Many health organizations and doctors recommend eating at least two sea – food meals every week.
Types of Sea-Foods
Sea creatures are so many. But not every species of these water bodies is edible. Few of the Sea-Foods that are highly eaten are
Fresh water fishes, salmon, tuna, oysters, crabs etc. Other than these, sea creatures like ‘octopuses’ are very much eaten by the Greek and Jelly Fish by the people living in Korea.
Benefits of having Sea-Foods
Sea foods have various health benefits and contain high amount of vitamins, minerals and proteins. Other health benefits of these foods are-
- Low fat- Sea foods contains less than 2 per cent of fat in them. It is very advantageous chiefly for those planning for weight loss. Have it any way you taste buds prefer to have as- baked, grilled, steam, fry or simply microwave.
- Protein-rich- Rich in protein, it cannot be compared with that of any meat or chicken. It is an excellent source of protein ready to be consumed any form you wish as.
- Vitamins and Minerals- Sea foods also provides you with all the minerals and vitamins that your body needs. Iodine, potassium, zinc and phosphorous are all contained in the minerals section and vitamin B in case of Vitamins.
- Heart- Sea foods, especially salmon and tuna are contained with fatty acids known as Omega3. These acids are useful to patients suffering from heart diseases. Knowing the benefits of these acids, many health organizations have developed these in the form of medicines in the form of capsules.
- Brain- Eating sea foods help your brain to get much sharper and active. It also helps in the improved execution of neurotransmitters protecting the neurons from any diseases and injuries.
Make the habit of consuming more of these delicious sea foods rather than other meats. These are much healthier and beneficial for your body.